Saturday, December 13, 2014

Book Review: Amour Amour by Krista & Becca Ritchie

Title: Amour Amour
Author: Krista Ritchie & Becca Ritchie
Publication Date: December 11th, 2014
Add to Goodreads
Purchase: Amazon | Kobo
Synopsis: The best aerial technique won’t land 21-year-old Thora James her dream role in Amour—a sexy new acrobatic show on the Vegas strip. Thora knows she’s out of her element the second she meets Amour’s leading performer. Confident, charming and devilishly captivating, 26-year-old Nikolai Kotova lives up to his nickname as the “God of Russia.”
When Thora unknowingly walks into the crosshairs of Nikolai’s after-show, her audition process begins way too soon. Unprofessional. That’s what Nik calls their “non-existent” relationship. It’s not like Thora can avoid him. For one, they may be partners in the future--acrobatic partners, that is. But getting closer to Nik means diving deeper into sin city and into his dizzying world.
Thora wants to perform with him, but when someone like Nikolai attracts the spotlight wherever he goes—Thora fears that she’s destined to be just background to his spellbinding show.
5 Magical Stars!


Thora James takes a huge risk in leaving college & flying to Vegas to audition for Amour. Throughout her journey, she has her moments of second-guessing herself but despite it, she works towards her dream. I think for me, her insecurities and moments of weakness made Thora a realistic character. She wasn't a cliche and didn't act in the expected manner in which she became 100% confident rightaway. I think we're always afraid in taking that leap of faith and Thora was too, which is why I admired her.

Nikolai Kotova is confident and charming. Making me sigh and swoon from the moment he first appears on the pages. In true KB Ritchie fashion though, Nikolai is not just the eye candy hot male lead. His layers are slowly revealed and his personality and character really shine through.

The way Nikolai & Thora meet is pretty OMG hilarious and unforgettable. Their relationship develops so smoothly and organically that I can't even tell you how perfectly executed it was. Just, no words. I think no matter the freaking hot chemistry between them, I really really loved that Thora's decision and resilience was towards achieving her dream. And Nik wasn't the type of man to make her choose between him and her goals.


I've never watched a cirque de soleil show apart from few clips of acrobatics on YouTube perhaps and ooh-ing and aah-ing at the craziness. But after reading this book, I felt I experienced the circus right in front of my eyes. Man, the research Krista & Becca clearly shows their devotion to writing amazing stories that make us experience the magic.

Lastly, in a lot of romances I don't care much for the secondary characters until we actually reach those characters' book in the series or something. I don't know how they do it, but Krista & Becca create vivid side characters that I'm already in love with.
I'm so in love with Timofei & John & Katya & Luka. UGHHHHH.
Timo is my favourite and I need him in my life. John Ruiz, I love that grumpy asshole. Katya is such a sweetheart and I need more of her too.
[I mean I love Thora & Nik and I ship them #4eva. But that other relationship development between two other characters... Man, I ship it so hard. Not gonna say here because you know, spoilers. But coughcough spin-off pleaseeeeee.]

Coming to the end of this crazy disorganized review, all I can say is that Amour Amour in it's short amount of length, manages to tell a story of family, friendship & finding yourself. It's such a natural progression of relationships and characters. Definitely one of those books that made me smile so much and laugh that I'll be re-reading it forever, I'm sure.

2 comments:

  1. "I think for me, her insecurities and moments of weakness made Thora a realistic character." I agree with this a lot! She isn't this perfect character, but her passion and determination are so admirable and her insecurities make her real. I loved her narrative. Nik was such a Connor hahaha! And Ryke. A real mix between the two. I liked the person he turned out to be! Oh yeah! The research was insane! I'm so glad that they do this though, because it makes their books so much more real and fascinating. AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE KOTOVAS AND JOHN DEAR MOTHER OF.. I CAN'T EVEN WITH THIS PEOPLE. I NEED MORE OF THEM AND THAT SHIPPY BOOK I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE. I WILL NOT ACCEPT A NO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I felt the same way about Thora's character! How she continually cheered herself on and kept at it was so admirable, I was pretty much crying when she came to her breaking point. Nik is so freakin' swoony. My jaw dropped with their meeting. I kept thinking, "DID THAT REALLY JUST HAPPEN?" and looking around for people to talk to lol. The highlight of this book for me was the family dynamics of the Kotovas. I loved them all. Luka (how cute of him to get his sister sweets), Timo (that crazy adorable hilarious cutie) and Katya (how she grew to become more determined and goal-oriented). AND JOHN RUIZ, WHERE THE HECK HAS THIS MAN BEEN MY ENTIRE. I loved him completely. Had me laughing until my stomach hurt. The ships in this book. Omfg. I need more of them too, please and thanks. Wonderful review <3

    ReplyDelete