Sunday, November 16, 2014

Anticipated 2015 YA Debuts


I know, I know. 2015 is less than two months away and I'm just being a pain reminding you of this fact. I've still got tons of books on my TBR for this year and I'm already thinking ahead.
Apart from all the sequels that obviously come out next year, there's also many new series/stand-alones by debut authors coming out. I love debut authors because there's always the possibility that one of them will become my new favourite author. So I thought I should talk about some anticipated Young Adult releases of 2015 by new authors that are already getting a lot of buzz in the book community and who've got intriguing premise. (Also, fun fact: basically everything is being marketed as a mix of Game of Thrones or Hunger Games)
I only chose 6 this time but believe me, my list is HUGE. Maybe I'll make this a series.

Red Queen (Red Queen Trilogy) by Victoria Aveyard is already one of the most anticipated and talked about releases of 2015. It's being published by Orion and releasing February 25th, It's marketed as "for fans of Divergent and The Hunger Games" but at this point, what isn't? Some readers have said it's Graceling meets The Selection but also similar to Red Rising? Others say "a high fantasy X-men dystopian". I don't know what to believe. You can check out the synopsis on goodreads but it doesn't reveal much to be honest. So I'm just excited to read this because of the rave reviews and that killer cover. I get tingles just looking at it.



My Heart and Other Blackholes by Jasmine Warga sounds like the book that will wreck me wholeheartedly. It deals with suicide but reviewers say that it does so in a sensitive yet humorous and hopeful way. Releasing February 10th by Harper Collins/Balzer+Bray, the novel is said to "perfect for fans of Jay Asher and Laurie Halse Anderson." After glimpsing through the wonderful reviews adn the 5-star ratings, I'm definitely adding this one to my must-read list.





More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera is described as a unique confrontation of race, class and sexuality. I've been following Adam's reviews on goodreads for a while now and he seems like the coolest person. More Happy Than Not is pitched as the YA Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and follows a 16-year-old boy growing up in the Bronx. Check out the synopsis on goodreads because it does sound pretty incredible. It releases June 16th and is being published by Soho Teen





An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir hasn't even been released yet, and Paramount has signed a 7 figure deal for movie production rights. Maggie Steifvater even says it, "This one will be popular". Wow, if that wasn't a lot to take in already! An Ember in the Ashes is said to have hints of ancient Rome and Hunger Games-like elements while someone else said Romeo and Juliet meets Game of Thrones. Sounds like a wonderful mix of dystopian, roman elements and fantasy. I'm excited for this because all I see are rave reviews. Seriously. I'm pretty it's going to be a series even though it's not mentioned on goodreads yet. Mark it on your calenders for April 28th, publishing via Razorbill

The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall sounds like it was written for me. I'm a huge fan of Ally Carter's Gallagher Girls series and this sounds like everything and more I've ever wanted. Putnam Juvenile is releasing it January 13th and I think I'll pre-order it already. It just sounds really fun; A fast-paced international escapade, laced with adrenaline, glamour, and romance. I'm so excited! You can read the first 4 chapters already if you wish to here.






Vendetta(Blood for Blood) by Catherine Doyle didn't capture me in the synopsis right away but then a review mentioned it being Vampire Diaries meets The Godfather meets The Raven Boys. And I went and re-read the synopsis. WOW. I'm so intrigued!? It sounds so twisty and dark. Okay, so 1)there's 5 brothers, 2)rivalry between two families & 3)forbidden love. I want it all. Releases very very early 2015 so that's good news. It's being published by Chicken House Ltd. and releases January 1st, 2015.

3 comments:

  1. Same! I have like 100+ unread physical books and let's not even start with the ebooks on my kindle so yeah, it's pretty hectic but no worries! THERE SHALL ALWAYS BE MORE :') I hate those GoT and THG blurbs just.. NO! Red Queen is one of my most anticipated books of 2015 too and I'm super excited because Sue loved it and we love most of the same stuff. Alsoooo!!!! MHaOBH seems like such a sad story, but different and hopeful indeed nd B+B is my fav HC imprint tbh so I'm eagerly looking forward to this one. Thanks for putting it on my radar, Nazeefa! The Conspiracy of Us is seemingly a huge hit among bloggers because everyone wants this one and it looks like such a good story! I love the cover even though it looks more like a tumblr edit than an actual book cover :D a movie poster p erhaps :D Eeeeep!!! So many exciting books coming out next year :) (whisper-coughs: FUEL THE FIRE and LONG WAY DOWN cough)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I think about it Conspiracy of Us cover does look like a tumblr edit omg. Red Queen sounds so amazing and it's getting amazing reviews and hopefully we both read it next year! February isn't too far away... EEEP.
      but of course u r right, my most anticipated books period are Fuel the Fire and Long Way Down!
      Thanks for commenting Siiri. <3

      Delete
  2. Omg, yeah my tbr is getting huge. I use to only read romances and now I'm getting into YA. So many to look forward to! I can't wait! Especially for FTF + LWD (as Siiri mentioned) AND DLU! I actually thought Red Queen was a fairytale retelling (obviously I don't read blurbs very often lol). But common', that cover!! *stares* I'm with you. My Heart and Other Black Holes sounds like a major tear jerker. I don't think I've read a book with that kind of theme before. An Ember in the Ashes is at the top of my YA tbr!! I didn't know it was optioned for a movie though, how awesome, I'd watch it! More Happy Than Not seems like a very deep and emotional book. I love mystery/thrillers and The Conspiracy About Us definitely sounds up my alley! Vendetta sounds like a modern R&J star-crossed lovers scenario. I like! ADDING THEM ALL. Thanks for sharing , Nazeefa :)

    ReplyDelete